Friday, January 28, 2011

The kindness of strangers...

In my adventures as a cloth diapering mama, I have had the privilege to meet many like-minded women from all over the world. We have reached out to each other, usually via Facebook or a blog, to exchange stories, questions and answers, and friendship. We will probably never meet in real life, but have been a source of information and a sounding board for plans and ideas.

In the last few weeks, I have witnessed how these friendships can truly help a person who has reached the lowest point of their life. A mommy blogger, who has a facebook page called Coupon Mommy of 3, recently received the news that no parent ever wants to hear: her three year old daughter, Emily, has stage IV cancer, ganglionueroblastoma. (You can visit her webpage in which Emily's story is journaled through her mother. I must warn you, though, to have your tissues ready. I cannot imagine the strength necessary to watch your child go though what Emily is going through.) Although I have never met this woman or her family, I have seen her hard work to promote small businesses and work at home mom products on her facebook page. She does this without asking anything in return from her followers. If you visit her facebook page, you can find numerous auctions and benefits that will help this family in their time of need.  Although many of the items up for auction are cloth diaper related, there are many other super cute items donated by talented work-at-home-moms (adorable baby clothes, hats, jewelry, etc). Please take a minute to check out a couple of these auctions and see if you can help this family out!

Here is a list of some of the auctions/benefits that are still active that I have found:
I am sure there are more out there that I haven't discovered yet. If you are in any position to help this family, please participate in one of these auctions or raffles. And tonight, when you tuck your babies into bed, say a prayer for sweet little Emily. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment